1st4sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Football Course (L1CCF)
The Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Football (L1CCF) is awarded in partnership with 1st4sport and is the first step towards becoming a recognised football coach. This Level 1 vocationally related qualification provides you with an opportunity to study and be assessed in both practical and theoretical aspects of coaching football at this level. The certificate qualifies you to coach grass roots club teams for children and young people under the supervision of a qualified football coach.
The knowledge gained from this qualification will enable you to develop a basic understanding of safe, ethical and effective football coaching to young people. The qualification is a stepping stone to other vocationally related areas including coaching, officiating and sports therapy.
Who should enrol?
Anybody over 16 years of age with regular practical experience of participation in football, who is looking for an introduction to the vocational area of coaching Association Football.
What are the entry requirements?
Candidates are required to:
- Hold The F.A. Emergency Aid Certificate or equivalent/recognised First Aid Certificate
- Have attended the F.A. workshop - Child Protection and Best Practice
- Have an interest in developing the skills of young people.
What will I learn?
- Safely organise and supervise football activities including Mini Soccer, Small Sided and Conditional Games
- Promote and establish working relationships and high standards between players, coaches, parents and officials
- Understand different aspects of coaching children
- Identify and adapt football activities and sessions for a variety of different age groups
- Identify personal development opportunities in football including sports therapy, administration and officiating.
The Student must demonstrate competence in practical coaching and satisfactorily complete a range of theory worksheets. The amount of time the Student has to dedicate to the course is as follows:
- Introduction & Registration – 1 Hour
- Initial 2 Days Training – 17 Hours
- Safeguarding Children Workshop - 3 Hours
- Emergency Aid Course - 3 Hours
- Assessment Weekend – 8 to 10 Hours
Note: Those who have completed the Emergency Aid and/or the Safeguarding Children workshops, within the last 2 years, are not required to attend these aspects of the course. However, proof of certification will be required.
How is the qualification assessed?
Candidates will be assessed via oral and written projects, assignments and assessments of their practical coaching during the training. Candidates will also be assessed by an external examiner on their delivery of a 20 minute practical coaching session on a topic chosen by the examiner from the Level 1 Football Practical Syllabus.
What is the duration of the qualification?
This qualification should be structured over a period of between 24 and 40 hours, likely to be spread over a number of days or a weekend.
What is the cost of the course?
How do I book?
Please click through to our book & pay for coach education page.